We’re looking at dates in November 2019. We’re planning to hold ExileCon in our home city of Auckland, New Zealand. This allows all of our developers to attend and lets us run a larger and more interesting event than if we had to arrange it in a foreign city.
Here’s some of the stuff we would love to have at ExileCon:
- Announcement of whatever the next large expansion is (tentatively December 2019’s 3.9.0, according to our schedule)
- Announcement of the 4.0.0 mega-expansion
- A play area with computers set up for demos of all products announced
- Talks from Grinding Gear Games developers about their areas of expertise
- Finals of various tournaments
- A Merchandise shop
- Developer signing sessions
- Some type of party
- Swag bag potentially containing exclusive microtransactions and some physical items.
- Feel free to suggest more ideas!
Because they’re planning to hold ExileCon in New Zealand, travel costs may be expensive for many of our users. This is why they’re announcing our intention to investigate this event so early. New Zealand is a beautiful place to visit in Summer, so they figured that if we give enough notice, people can plan more extensive holidays around New Zealand after attending ExileCon.
GGG don’t yet know how expensive tickets to ExileCon will be, but the predominant cost is likely to be the international travel and accommodation in Auckland. GGG’ll try to arrange discounted hotel rooms for attendees and offer various tickets options to meet different budgets.
GGG’d also like to run various competitions where the winners receive flights and accommodation to the event. GGG’ll also invite prominent streamers and some journalists to cover our big announcements. Do you want to buy poe items? If you do, you can visit U4GM to have more guides and methods about this.